Registered Charity No 1162041
Welcome to the home page of the Braithwaite Institute, the village hall serving the communities of Braithwaite and Thornthwaite in the North of the Lake District.
The hall has extensive playing fields, set against the scenic backdrop of Skiddaw and the Coledale Fells, and a large car park with direct access from the A66.
Braithwaite Institute is a Memorial Hall, built by the local community to commemorate victory in the First World War. It was officially opened in 1927.
The post code for the Braithwaite Institute is CA12 5RY.